Hits

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Somethin' kinda like...



Tonight's blog isn't about advice or an explanation for life. Instead tonight I want to share a part of me with ya'll...Therapeutic explanation.. Now I hope when it's all said and done, I'm not transparent enough for some to understand what this is about (sorry guys) Here goes...

I noticed you how many years ago?
That day, my heart you stole...
Through growing and going into the motions of life...
I came to the distinct conclusion that one day I COULD be your wife...
I know I said I wasn't ready..
But somehow that thought is hardly steady...
You stay in the back of my mind like a dream repressed
I dont know if I should go here.... I digress
Built up inside of me like a nurtured fetus...
This feeling, I know as LOVE, is 9 months overdue
I just dont know how or when to tell you...
The confusion of my emotion is damn near explosive...
As my brain goes into contortions, trying to reconcile this sentiment...
I harbor an internal battle of what I NEED to what I want...
If God made the very reflection of me, I see it in the eyes that hold my gaze...
Astonishingly amazed... at what He gave... (sigh)
I wonder,  am I running away from what is divinely mine...
Honestly.... It's YOU that I want to bide my eternal time...


My Bestie asked me if I wrote poetry, and I figured I'd share it, and I wrote this for y'all! Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. snap snap snap snap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice... didn't know you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... of course u didnt darryl, I never told you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great poem.....you have a true talent....share it with the world....Let your voice be heared....

    ReplyDelete