Hits

Sunday, July 15, 2012

How does it feel? (retro post)




When people say love doesn't have a limit do you believe them? Has anyone ever told you that they "loved you" but soon to find out their love was conditional... They tell you that they can't just be friends because they love you too much or because their feelings were too strong, do you ever just want to call their bluff? I find myself in some of the oddest circumstances and wanting to erase moments like this because of the outcome that follows.

Love is self-defining... what one person feels is TRUE love is not the same for another as much as we all would like to put love into a box and tie a pretty little bow around it we cant... It's a very abstract thing.

As I sat doing my hair today I was bored with t.v. and decided to watch Ghost Whisperer. In this particular episode there was an autistic couple, one of them happen to suffer a tragic death and before he crossed over he wanted to show his mate what love is.... this episode was touching in itself but I think it all clicked for me when the ghost turned to the main character and said... "What does love feel like?"  I know what ya'll are thinking.. "Adrienne, you are just too emotional and over think it all", but really I just loved that question... (I reiterate LOVE IS ABSTRACT).

Now I pose this question to y'all... WHAT DOES LOVE FEEL LIKE? I'm not just talking any love, I'm referring to romantic love. Is it like what we see in the movies where love just hits you like a ton of bricks and cupid plays dart board with your ass? Nah, I doubt that's it! (Although it would be funny to see that in real life) Does love feel like those butterflies people describe when they get around someone they just utterly adore? Personally I cannot answer that... those butterflies make me want to chug some pepto (no lie).

Being that I cannot answer what it feels like for y'all I will try to run down my "experience" with love (brace yourselves this should be interesting).

Now let me just give y'all a little insight into the situation that just occurred about 30 minutes ago... *All names have been changed, except mine lol*

Mark: "I understand you have a man, but I dont care about that, I want my Adrienne back"
Me: "Your Adrienne? Ok Mark what does that even mean?"
Mark: "Remember the times when we werent arguing, we had so much fun together and I wont even talk about the sex"
Me: "Riiiiiiiiiiight... well friends is always a good thought"
Mark: "I dont want to be your friend, I cant be your friend... When I told you I loved you I meant it"
Me: "OH please... when you told me you loved me you tried to renig on it, so therefore making it null & void"
Mark: "Ok.. if that's how you feel, just know I meant what I said, you're free to believe what you want. I dont wanna be friends"
Me: "Then your friends is limited and selfish"

You see that crap right there... THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH, stupidity!!



Personally I do not believe this mutha-sucka for crap... any man who ever loves me will NEVER tell me what he can't be if he really wanted me in his life. The fact that he cannot respect the fact that I have someone else in my life that I've chosen to be with is another sign that my heart is not in his best intrest... oooooh the signs of a selfish-lover! Even if I cannot define what love feels like I can tell you what it's not... and this it is not!

No comments:

Post a Comment