Hits

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Celibacy *My take* (Retro Post)


Celibacy- having or involving no sexual relations


I had a brief yet interesting conversation with a young man today about celibacy. He brought it to my attention that the issue with both men and women is their views of sex... (I SWEAR I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THIS SUBJECT). When I told him that I was celibate he responded with the mistake of saying "Oh you're another one of these females "claiming" to be celibate".. I could have smacked the mess out of him over the phone. 


Of course I took a brief moment to educate him in his poor choice of words... idiot
I clearly explained to him that to me this is an experiment for the better. Through personal experience and stories told from family &; friends of all ages, that age old tale of waiting for sex seems to hold true. We have heard time and time again that if you give it up too soon, he won't respect you, he won't take the time to get to know you, and you won't form a positive relationship. As a woman I feel like we do this subconsciously and some of us consciously as leverage to reel him in and make him "love us" or think it will somehow seal a bond that was never formed.
Somehow this young whipper snapper didn't understand that concept *cough* man whore *cough*


He proceeded to continue with his adolescent remarks and say "You must not be able to have sex without attachments"... I SOOOOO WANTED TO JUST BLOW UP ON HIM... but instead I responded without getting mad... ignorance angers the shit outta me. So I calmly let him know that having emotional attachments during sex is a good thing! I swear we have gotten so content with using sex as recreation, that we completely forget that it's intended to for a more emotional connection. I mean what kind of sex seeking slut do you have to be to find it stupid to tie emotion with sex... Aye dios mio


Its just so hard to explain to some people these days that you are searching for a deeper connection with another person.

*A brief post I never got a chance to finish*

No comments:

Post a Comment