Hits

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Exception to the rule




Mars VS Venus, Men VS Women, Dogs VS. Cats... its all the same argument day in and day out. This on going battle between men and women and let me be the 1st to say I am tired of fighting. It only gets worse when its within your race. How often I am tired of men making comments about "Black women this, Black women that"! when on the flip-side men are so quick to let you know they are not YOUR past. This is all fine and dandy but honestly I'm tired of trying to be that exception to the stereotype for my counterparts. I love black men, I do, but I dont get it. When did it become only attractive to be a black women when we shut up get on our knees or lay on our backs. Give me the black man that looks at a black woman and his first thought is, what a Queen... not damn look at her ass!

Do not get me wrong, I love my sexuality, I embrace it, but THAT IS NOT WHO I AM... men do not look at me and see the value beyond my hips and breast and step to me with these preconceived notions that I am not worth the time of a conversation because all I will do is yell or roll my neck. *Someone please tell me you understand how irritating this is for me*

Men are constantly going on and on about how they want a woman who has more to her mind than to her body, but will stay going after that which is superficially beautiful. All that makeup and tight clothing cannot bring you someone who will love and care and cherish you until you're dying days. I for one am done dealing with that, a real man understands real beauty is from within and a real BLACK man understands that a real BLACK woman will bend over backwards and do for you as long as you treat her with respect and Godly love.

Love Always,
  A. Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment